These cupcakes are festive with the flavour of mandarin oranges topped with a two-toned swirl of icing. They are sure to bring cheer to the season’s celebrations. Tangy and moist, this Mandarin Orange Cupcake recipe will make a perfect dessert for someone who has a tropical sweet tooth.
Eggs are an essential ingredient when baking cookies. They add richness and depth of flavour, as well as helping the cookies set properly. Grab a pack of QL Deli Fresh eggs at your nearest supermarket.
|QL Deli Fresh egg
|self raising flour
|mandarin orange juice (from 1 large orange)
For orange buttercream:
- Cream butter and sugar until light, fluffy and very pale. Add in orange oil and mix well.
- Add in QL Deli Fresh eggs, one at a time, with one tablespoon of flour for each egg.
- Fold in balance of the flour and orange juice.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 18 minutes or until cooked.
- For orange buttercream, cream butter lightly then add in half of the icing sugar.
- Slowly add in icing sugar until achieved the correct consistency.
- Add in the orange oil and mix till well combined.
- Take out half of the buttercream. Add in the orange colouring and mix well to combine evenly.
- Transfer orange buttercream first into a piping bag, followed by the white buttercream to create a dual-coloured buttercream. Use to frost the cupcakes.