Preparation time: 2.5 hour
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes: 1 big piece
|8||QL Omega Egg yolks|
|150 g||tapioca flour|
|100 ml||coconut milk + 100 ml coconut water|
|4||kaffir lime leaves, roughly shredded|
|1 tsp||tumeric powder|
|1 tsp||vanilla essesnse|
|1 flat tray or 1 deep loaf tin|
For Yeast Mixture:
|50 g||plain flour|
|120 ml||warm water|
- In a mixing bowl, add in flour, sugar, yeast and warm water. Mix well, cover it up and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a pot, add in coconut milk, coconut water, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. Cook until simmer.
- Add in turmeric powder and continue simmer. Stir constantly and simmer until thick.
- In a mixer, add in QL Omega Egg yolk , sugar and salt. Whisk until fluffy. Then add in the yeast mixture.
- Gradually mix in tapioca flour, turmeric coconut mixture and vanilla essence. Leave the batter to rest and rise for 2-2½ hours.
- Grease a loaf tin with some oil and heat in pre-heat oven at 180⁰C for 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the hot loaf tin. Bake in pre-heat oven at 180⁰C and set to bottom heat only. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bubbles lessened and leave the oven door slightly open.
- Then, change the oven setting to top and bottom heat, close the oven door and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool before remove out from loaf tin.
QL Chef Tips:
- DO NOT mix or stir the batter after pouring into the loaf tin/tray.
- Turmeric can be replaced by Pandan flavour according to individual liking.