Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For Chocolate Pastry:
|250 g||bread flour|
|150 g||cold milk|
|1||QL Omega egg|
|1 tsp||instant dry yeast|
|10 g||cocoa powder|
For Chocolate Ganache:
|100 g||dark chocolate|
|15 g||cocoa powder|
- In a mixer, add in all the ingredients. Combined well until the dough has an elastic-like texture.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a parchment paper, roll the butter into big square. Once done, set aside in the refrigerator to keep from melting.
- Flour the surface of your counter top before rolling the dough into a rectangle. Place the squared butter on top of the dough and fold the sides.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle and brush away the flour on the surface of the dough before folding.
- Cling wrap the dough and set aside in the refrigerator for another 1 hour.
- Repeat step 5 and 6.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it into a rectangle of 3mm thickness. Trim the edges and divide the dough into 5 – 6 pieces.
- Place a slice of chocolate on the dough and fold until the end. Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
- Once done, let the dough rest on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for a while.
- Then, bake the dough in a preheated oven at 170˚C for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For chocolate ganache, heat up cream in the microwave oven, then add in the dark chocolates and sugar. Stir until well combined. Set aside and allow to cool.
- When cool, dip the top of the pastry with chocolate ganache and sprinkle cocoa powder on top before serving.