Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 - 3
|140 g||QL MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament|
|120 g||cooked meehoon or noodles of choice|
|6||dry shiitake mushrooms, soaked and keep the liquid about 200 ml|
|3||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|A handful of shimeji mushroom|
|1 l||fish stock|
|2||salted plums, deseeded|
|80 g||preserved mustard greens (xian cai)|
|1 tbsp||light soy sauce|
|½ tbsp||dark sweet soy sauce|
|Salt to taste|
|Sugar to taste|
|Cornflour and water to thicken|
|A dash of white pepper|
|Red chillies, chopped|
- Heat oil in a pot, sauté garlic and shiitake mushrooms until fragrant, add in shimeji mushroom and QL MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament. Sauté a few more minutes.
- Add in preserved mustard greens, salted plums, tomatoes and stir well.
- Pour in stock and liquid from the soaked shiitake mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in soy sauces, simmer for a further few minutes and season to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil and thicken with cornflour mixture.
- Serve meehoon or noodle with the soup. Garnish with Chinese celery and red chillies.
QL Chef’s Tip:
- 30g of evaporated milk can be added to make a “classic fish head noodle” flavor
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.