Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 25 cookies
|50 g||icing sugar|
|50 g||rice flour|
|25 g||cocoa powder|
|15 g||ground almond|
|20 g||almond flakes|
|1||QL Deli Fresh Egg Yolk|
|250 g||dark chocolate|
|80 g||white chocolate|
- Pre-heat oven at 160 degree Celsius. In a bowl, sift together flour, rice flour and cocoa powder. Add ground almond and mix well.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next, add QL Deli Fresh egg yolk and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and almond flakes, and stir until mixture forms a dough.
- Line a rectangle baking tin with a layer of cling film. Then, press dough into the tin until it forms a smooth surface. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Slice dough into pieces that is 7mm in thickness. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack after baking.
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave for 90 seconds and white chocolate for 50 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Place white chocolate in a piping bag and set aside.
- Dip each cooled cookie into melted dark chocolate. Place on parchment paper and continue to pipe melted white chocolate onto the cookies.
- Drag a toothpick from one end to the other to create a wave pattern. Allow cookies to set before storing them in an airtight container.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.