The next instalment in our steamboat series features an appetising and flavourful steamboat that comes with a spicy and sour soup. It will surely tantalise your taste buds together with QL MUSHROOM products.
You can select from a wide range of MUSHROOM steamboat products, but we recommend QQ Fish Filament, Oborotsuki and White Fish Balls to pair with leafy vegetables, a variety of fresh mushrooms, and seafood such as prawns, clams and crabs.
This is a seafood steamboat bursting with sour and spicy flavours, with the spiciness coming from the dried chilies, chili paste, Szechuan peppercorns, blended in with the sourness from the lime juice and vinegar. Serve this seafood steamboat on a cool rainy day or in an air-conditioned room, it will set your tongue on fire and thrill your taste buds!
We love the use of traditional charcoal steamboat pot to serve this, it makes the whole steamboat experience much more authentic and unforgettable!
|3 - 4 tbsp||chili paste (cili boh)|
|2 tbsp||cooking oil|
|4 - 5||dried chilies, halved|
|2 inches||ginger, sliced|
|5 cloves||garlic, smashed|
|1 tsp||Szechuan peppercorns, smashed|
|3||chicken carcasses, cut into smaller pieces|
|2 tbsp||lime juice|
|¼ cup||vinegar (or to taste)|
|Salt & sugar to taste|
|1||chicken stock cube (optional)|
|1 packet||MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament|
|1 packet||MUSHROOM Oborotsuki|
|1 packet||MUSHROOM White Fish Balls|
|400 g||garoupa or snapper fillet, sliced into 1 cm thick|
|500 g||medium prawns (cleaned and deveined)|
|500 g||clams, cleaned|
|500 - 700 g||leafy vegetables of your choice, such as Chinese cabbage, lettuce, bok choy, or spinach|
|1 can||button mushrooms, halved|
|500 g||fresh mushrooms of your choice, such as Shiitake, Shimeji, Enoki or Oyster|
|6 - 8||QL Deli Fresh or QL Omega eggs|
|Noodles of your choice|
- Sauté cili boh, ginger and shallots with cooking oil in a medium stock pot until fragrant. Pour in water and chicken carcasses, add garlic, Szechuan peppercorns and dried chilies, bring to boil. Add in chicken stock cube if using.
- Simmer on low heat for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Pour in lime juice and vinegar, season with sugar and salt to taste.
- To serve, pour stock into a steamboat pot and bring to a boil. Add in the steamboat ingredients and bring to a boil again.
- Dish out cooked ingredients with a strainer ladle. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce, fried chopped garlic or shallots, chopped spring onion or other condiments.
- Add in noodles and break the eggs to cook in boiling soup.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.