Enjoy the calm and serenity of green tea and the sweet taste of red bean in this Matcha and Red Bean Swiss Roll.
A fluffy green tea cake on the outside, and sweet red bean filled cream on the inside. Share with friends and family!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 - 5
Matcha Sponge (A):
|100 g||QL Omega Egg Yolk|
|30 g||cooking oil|
|15 g||green tea powder|
|70 g||plain flour|
|A pinch of salt|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
Matcha Sponge (B):
|190 g||QL Omega Egg White|
|2 g||cream of tartar|
|3 tbsp||icing sugar|
|½ tsp||vanilla essence|
|80 g||red bean (boiled until soft & soaked in sugar syrup)|
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, beat together QL Omega Egg Yolk and cooking oil. Then add in milk.
- Add in sifted flour, green tea powder and salt, followed by 1 QL Omega Egg and mix well.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the QL Omega Egg White until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and cream of tartar, continuously whisk until soft peak.
- Fold one third of (B) into (A) and mix well, then fold the rest until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the tray and give the tray a good tap to smooth the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the cake is just set.
- To make the cream filling, beat the cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
- When cake is done, give it a couple of good taps. Slide it off the pan and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- When the cake is cooled, place another piece of parchment paper over the cake and turn the cake over. Carefully peel off the parchment paper that was baking with the cake. Put a layer of cream filling red bean on the cake and roll the short side up.
- Let the cake cool in the chiller for at least an hour. Cut into slices to serve.