On rare occasions we come across a dish that takes us on a gastronomic journey of the senses. After such dishes are eaten, we are often left with a deep desire for more.
This coming festive season, leave a lasting impression with your guests by serving them this unforgettable dish – ayam percik bakar with nasi himpit in Figo spring roll cups.
The succulence of grilled chicken and tart spiciness of percik sauce enriches every bite of the nasi himpit. And the traditional nasi himpit served in Figo spring roll cups are bound to evoke memories of celebrations past.
For grilled chicken:
|4||chicken thigh (boneless)|
|2 cloves||garlic (blended)|
|A pinch of pepper|
Blended ingredients (percik sauce):
|20 g||dried chilies|
|1 tsp||gula Melaka|
|50 ml||chicken stock / water|
|2 tbsp||tomato sauce|
|300 ml||coconut milk|
|10 pieces||nasi himpit|
|1 packet||Figo Spring Roll Pastry|
|30 g||melted butter|
|Spring onion (slice thinly)|
|Chili (slice thinly)|
- For the chicken, marinate with blended ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the sauce, blend all blended ingredients and saute till fragrant with lemon grass then add in chicken stock, tomato sauce, coconut milk, salt and gula melaka. Cook till sauce thickens
- Take the Figo spring roll pastry and spread 2 layers with melted butter. Place pastry in muffin containers and bake in oven at 160C for 5 minutes or till slightly brown.
- Grill chicken on a grill pan till cook and cut into smaller pieces.
- To assemble place a few nasi himpit in Figo spring roll cups, followed by grill chicken and percik sauce.
- Garnish with slice spring onion and chillies on top.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here