Run out of snack ideas for your litte ones? Tired of the regular nuggets, sausages, fritters and goreng pisang? Don’t worry, this seafood cocktail recipe is fun, delicious and so pretty to look at. Sometimes we just need regular ingredients paired with new and interesting preparation methods. QL MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood Tofu fits the bill. QL MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood Tofu is made with high quality fish meat (surimi – very high in protein) with cheese fillings, giving it it’s great taste and texture.
Combine and fry these cheese tofus with prawns coated in breadcrumbs and egg, together with cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. The prawan is crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside, along with the soft texture of the Cheese Seafood Tofu. The gorgeous presentation of this dish also makes it suitable for parties!
If you are feeling a little laid back or short of time, you can change up this recipe to just the cheese tofu and vegetables only, without the prawns. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and dip it with some Thousand Island/chilli/tomato sauce to make this easy dish even yummier!
|½ packet||MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood Tofu (500 g)|
|200 g||medium sized prawns, deshelled but keep the tail, seasoned with some salt and pepper|
|1||QL Deli Fresh egg, beaten|
|10 - 15||cherry tomatoes|
|½||medium sized Japanese cucumbers, cut into cubes|
|1||lime or lemon, cut into wedges|
|Thousand Island/chilli/tomato sauce for dipping|
|Cooking oil for frying|
Utensil: toothpicks or lidi sticks
- Defrost the MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a pan until it is almost smoking (about 180C). Fry MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood Tofu for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan with a strainer and drain off excess oil with a paper towel. Leave it for a moment.
- Dip the prawns in the beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Fry for 3-4 minutes in hot oil until golden brown. Remove from pan with a strainer and drain off excess oil with a paper towel. Leave it for a moment.
- Skewer MUSHROOM Cheese Seafood Tofu, fried prawns and vegetables with a toothpick or lidi stick.
- Serve immediately with Thousand Island/chilli/tomato sauce and wedges of lime or lemon.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.