Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 - 8
|170 g||plain flour|
|35 g||icing sugar|
|90 g||butter, cubed|
|2||QL Omega Egg yolks|
Durian Cheese Filling:
|130 g||cream cheese|
|50 g||mascarpone cheese|
|50 g||durian flesh (D24/ musang king)|
|40 g||butter, salted|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|A pinch of salt|
|1||QL Omega Egg yolk|
- To prepare the pastry, combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add cold butter and rub with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add QL Egg Yolks and mix until a dough is formed. Wrap the dough with clingwrap and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and press into a tart mould. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough until used up.
- Bake at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, melt the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, butter, cream, evaporated milk, durian flesh and sugar in a double boiler.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add in QL Egg, cornflour, lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe cheese mixture into tartlet shells. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the cheese tartlets with egg wash mixture.
- Bake at 220°C, top grill with fan for 6 - 8 minutes
QL Chef’s Tips:
- Durian cheese filling can be made ahead and chilled, make sure you store in a container as not to permeate the whole fridge.
- Tart can be eaten warm or chilled, to reheat cover with foil and reheat for 10 mins in a toaster oven if refrigerated.