Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 3 big cakes
|5||QL Omega eggs, chilled|
|150 g||caster sugar|
|170 g||plain flour, shifted|
|3 tbsp||soda water|
|1.5 tsp||rose coloring|
- Place caster sugar on a baking tray, heat up in pre-heat oven at 180⁰C for a few minutes.
- Using a mixer, add in QL Omega Eggs and salt. Whisk until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the hot sugar and beat until pale and thick.
- Pour in soda water and flour into the egg mixture. Fold slowly to combine well.
- In a separate bowl, take 1 cup of the egg batter and add in rose coloring. Mix well.
- Grease the bahulu cake mould and heat up in pre-heat oven at 200⁰C for 5 minutes.
- Take out the hot bahulu mould, layer the bottom layer with the plain egg batter, then layer with the red egg batter. Swirl the batter using a wooden stick.
- Top the final layer with the plain egg batter and some read egg batter to create a swirl.
- Bake in pre-heat oven at 180⁰C (no fan) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from mould after cool down.
QL Chef Tips:
- You can change the big format cake into bite size by using individual bahulu mould.
- For a crispy bahulu cake, you can bake the cake in oven for 5 minutes after removing out from the mould.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.