Chicken and egg come together in perfect harmony in this Japanese Rice Bowl dish. It’s a hearty dish that will fill your tummy at any time of the day.
Cook up a savoury bowl of Oyakodon for the family.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
|1||large chicken leg, deboned with skin on|
|1||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|2 tsp||light soy sauce|
|3||QL Omega eggs, separate 2 QL Egg Yolks to be used at the end|
|1 cup||sushi rice, cooked according to packet instructions|
|3 stalks||spring onion, sliced thinly|
- Rub the chicken leg with salt.
- Heat up a pan with oil on medium heat and fry the chicken skin-side down until golden brown, then flip the chicken and continue to fry until it is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, slice it up and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onion on low heat until softened, then add in the chicken.
- Pour in the chicken stock, soy sauce and honey, bringing the mixture to boil.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 whole QL Omega Egg along with 2 QL Omega Egg Whites. Add QL Egg mixture into the boiling stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the portions of rice, chicken and gravy into 2 bowls. Top with spring onions.
- Place a QL Egg Yolk in each bowl and serve immediately.
QL Chef’s tip:
- You may use soft boiled QL Eggs (containing soft-boiled egg yolks) instead of raw QL Eggs