There are many variations of popiah but this irresistible version comes with delicious snow crab stick! Conveniently wrapped with Figo spring roll pastry, this delectable snackpromises a nice crunch to every bite!
|dried shrimps, chopped
|A handful shredded dry cuttlefish
|QL Omega eggs
|Mushroom Snow Crab Stick
|firm tofu, pan fried and thinly sliced
|Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
|Figo Spring Roll Pastry
|flour (+1 tbsp water)
- Peel turnip and cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pot and sauté garlic, shallots and dried shrimps until fragrant.
- Next add in turnip, shredded dry cuttlefish, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt and water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the turnip is soft and dry. Set aside.
- Break QL Omega eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Heat up a pan with the oil and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs until well cooked.
- Slice eggs thinly and set aside.
- To assemble, place one piece of Figo Spring Roll Pastry on a plate. Place 1 tablespoon of turnip onto the pastry and top with 1 piece of Figo Snow Crab Stick and a bit each of sliced tofu and cucumber.
- Fold both sides of spring roll pastry and roll up tightly, using the flour and water mixture to seal the ends.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat up oil in a pot and deep fry the popiah until golden brown. Serve immediately.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here.