If you’re looking portable and yummy chicken wrap recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
Generous chunks of tender chicken, succulent tomatoes, cucumber and greens wrapped in fluffy roti paratha…delicious! Roti canai/paratha has its roots as a quick snack, and with this chicken wrap recipe we just give it a quick and fresh makeover. This is definitely a wrap that will satisfy your hunger; it’s a quick yet nutritious meal for those on the go.
For this chicken wrap recipe we’re using the very simple and convenient Figo Roti Paratha, available at all good supermarkets.
|7 pieces||Figo Roti Paratha|
|1||cucumber, sliced thinly|
|1||red onion, slice thinly|
|4 pieces||nasi impit, cook and cut into cubes|
For the satay sauce:
|500 g||ground nuts, fried till brown and remove skin. Grinded finely|
|2 tbsp||tamarind (mix with 1/2 cup water)|
|50 ml||cooking oil|
Satay sauce blended ingredients:
|15 pieces||dried chilli (soak in hot water)|
For the chicken marinade:
|500 g||chicken meat, cut into cubes|
Chicken marinade blended ingredients:
|15 g||galangal (lengkuas)|
|3/4 tsp||coriander (ketumbar)|
|3/4 tsp||fennel (jintan manis)|
|1 1/2 tsp||tumeric powder|
- To Prepare the Satay Sauce: Blend all blended ingredients till smooth then stir fry with oil and lemon grass till fragrant.
- Next add in ground nuts that has been blended ,followed by the tamarind juice.
- Add in sugar and continue to simmer till sauce gets thick.
- Season to taste with salt.
- To Prepare Chicken Satay: Blend all blended ingredients till smooth then mix well with chicken, sugar and salt.
- Best to marinate it overnight.
- Poke chicken meat into wood skewers and grill it over a pan till it is cooked.
- To Assemble: Remove Figo Roti Paratha from packet and pan fry both sides till crispy and set aside.
- Place some lettuce, cucumber, slice red onion, nasi impit, chicken satay and lastly drizzle some satay sauce onto the Figo Roti Paratha .
- Fold the wraps tightly .Ready to be served.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here