If you’re looking portable and yummy chicken wrap recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
Generous chunks of tender chicken, succulent tomatoes, cucumber and greens wrapped in fluffy roti paratha…delicious! Roti canai/paratha has its roots as a quick snack, and with this chicken wrap recipe we just give it a quick and fresh makeover. This is definitely a wrap that will satisfy your hunger; it’s a quick yet nutritious meal for those on the go.
For this chicken wrap recipe we’re using the very simple and convenient Figo Roti Paratha, available at all good supermarkets.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
|7 pieces||Figo Roti Paratha|
|1||cucumber, sliced thinly|
|1||red onion, slice thinly|
|4 pieces||nasi impit, cook and cut into cubes|
For the satay sauce:
|500 g||ground nuts, fried till brown and remove skin. Grinded finely|
|2 tbsp||tamarind (mix with 1/2 cup water)|
|50 ml||cooking oil|
Satay sauce blended ingredients:
|15 pieces||dried chilli (soak in hot water)|
For the chicken marinade:
|500 g||chicken meat, cut into cubes|
Chicken marinade blended ingredients:
|15 g||galangal (lengkuas)|
|3/4 tsp||coriander (ketumbar)|
|3/4 tsp||fennel (jintan manis)|
|1 1/2 tsp||tumeric powder|
- To Prepare the Satay Sauce: Blend all blended ingredients till smooth then stir fry with oil and lemon grass till fragrant.
- Next add in ground nuts that has been blended ,followed by the tamarind juice.
- Add in sugar and continue to simmer till sauce gets thick.
- Season to taste with salt.
- To Prepare Chicken Satay: Blend all blended ingredients till smooth then mix well with chicken, sugar and salt.
- Best to marinate it overnight.
- Poke chicken meat into wood skewers and grill it over a pan till it is cooked.
- To Assemble: Remove Figo Roti Paratha from packet and pan fry both sides till crispy and set aside.
- Place some lettuce, cucumber, slice red onion, nasi impit, chicken satay and lastly drizzle some satay sauce onto the Figo Roti Paratha .
- Fold the wraps tightly .Ready to be served.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here