Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 - 25 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces
|300 g||chicken mince|
|50 g||finely chopped carrot|
|50 g||corn kernels|
|1||QL Omega egg|
|2 tsp||English mustard|
|1 clove||garlic, grated|
|Pinch of black pepper|
|1||QL Omega egg, beaten to brush on top|
|2 tbsp||sesame seeds, to sprinkle on top|
|10||frozen puff pastry (40g each slice)|
|2 tbsp||English Mustard|
- In a small bowl, make the glaze by mixing honey and English mustard. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, marinate chicken mince with chopped carrot, corn kernels, English mustard, honey, grated garlic, egg, salt and pepper, and mix until well incorporated. Refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On a lightly floured surface, cut the pastry into half lengthways and brush on honey mustard mix in the middle of the pastry.
- Place a tablespoon of marinated chicken mince in the center of the pastry. Brush the edges with beaten egg and roll to seal, ensuring the seam is underneath.
- Place sausage rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush the top with more beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
QL Chef’s Tips:
- Before filling the sausage rolls, pan-fry a tablespoon of the chicken mince mixture in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning further if necessary.