Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 1 large bundt cake or 3 mini bundt cakes
|380 g||flour, sifted|
|110 g||brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||baking powder|
|3||QL Omega Eggs, room temperature|
|170 g||unsalted butter, chilled|
|200 g||sour cream|
|¼ cup||strong espresso|
For espresso ganache:
|250 g||dark chocolate|
|Ground pistachio, for garnish|
|Espresso powder, for garnish|
- In a mixing bowl, add in butter, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder. Mix well until pale and smooth.
- Add in QL Omega Eggs one at a time until the batter is smooth.
- Mix in the sour cream, milk and expresso. Then add in the flour bit by bit until it is combined.
- Butter and flour the bundt pans, pour the batter in.
- To make swirls in between the cake, add ⅛ of the batter and pour 2 tbsp of the chocolate ganache around. Swirl by using a satay stick and pour in the batter.
- Repeat step 5 for two times.
- Bake in preheat oven at 175⁰C for 40 to 45 minutes
- Remove the cake when it is done and wait for 10 minutes before turning over unto a wire rack to cool.
- For espresso ganache, heat up cream in the microwave oven, then add in the dark chocolates and espresso. Stir until well combined. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Pour the espresso ganache and garnish with pistachios and espresso powder.
QL Chef Tips:
For sour cream:
240 g cream + 2 tsp vinegar + 60 g milk
Place all the ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake well before removing the top and cover with a kitchen paper towel.