This month, we’re taking you on a journey of Malaysian delights. And we’re starting off with something deliciously Malaysian; egg tarts! Fragrant, fluffy and tasty, egg tarts are a delightful snack to have at any time of the day. Try this tasty recipe for 15 tarts, and share them with your friends and family!
Furthermore, add an extra dose of nutrition to this classic recipe with Omega-3 & DHA enriched QL Omega eggs for more goodness in every bite!
|70 g||icing sugar|
|50 g||QL Omega egg|
|4||QL Omega eggs|
|100 g||evaporated milk|
|½ tsp||vanilla essences (optional)|
- For the pastry, cream butter and sugar till fluffy then add in QL Omega eggs and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Fold in flour and mix well. Set dough aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Then press into a tart mold and set aside.
- For the egg custard, boil water and sugar till dissolve and set aside to cool.
- Whisk QL Omega eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla essence and pour into sugar water. Mix well and strain mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into tart mold and bake in oven at 160°C for 20 minutes.
- Let to cool and remove from mold.