These cute crispy and flavourful savoury egg cups are delightful – we hope you enjoy this simple mini quiche recipe!
You could call it savoury egg cups or savoury muffins, but we prefer mini quiche. The great thing about this mini quiche recipe is that the pastry of the quiche is replaced with Figo Spring Roll pastry, saving you time and effort (it can be ready in under 40 minutes!).
This is a creative way to use Figo Spring Roll pastry (the usual way is to wrap spring rolls or samosas). It is a fusion of eastern and western flavours, and will definitely charm your children, especially with the combination of chicken ham, shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, button mushroom and onions.
If you have leftovers, keep in a covered container in the fridge, and reheat for 10 minutes in the oven and the pastry layers will turn crispy again.
|12 pieces||Figo Spring Roll pastry (7.5”)|
|4 pieces||Figo Chicken Slice, cut into smaller pieces|
|6 – 8 pieces||canned button mushrooms, quartered|
|½||small onion, diced|
|2 tbsp||shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese|
|1 tbsp||melted butter (for brushing)|
|1 tbsp||chopped parsley (optional, for garnishing)|
|2||QL Omega eggs|
|100 ml||fresh milk or UHT milk (plain)|
|2 tbsp||grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese|
|Salt & pepper (to taste)|
|Pinch of dried thyme or oregano (optional)|
- Fold Figo Spring Roll pastry into quarter folds and insert into two 6-muffin hole trays, or one 12-muffin hole tray.
- Brush the bottom of the spring roll pastry cup with some melted butter to prevent sticking.
- Divide Figo Chicken Slice pieces, onion, button mushrooms evenly into the spring roll pastry cups.
- Use a wire whisk to mix ingredients (A) evenly in a measuring jug.
- Pour (A) onto the fillings in the pastry cups, distribute evenly among the pastry cups.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan/cheddar cheese on top. Brush the pastry layers with melted butter and bake in a preheated 180 C oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the pastry layers are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional), serve immediately.
QL Kitchen Tips:
- This mini quiche recipe is flexible! Feel free to experiment by adding other vegetables such as diced tomatoes, capsicum and spinach.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here