Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 30 cookies
|25 g||milk powder|
|¼ tsp||baking powder|
|40 g||crushed almonds|
|2||QL Omega egg yolks|
|1 tsp||red rose syrup|
|½ tsp||rose essence|
|¼ tsp||red colouring|
|1||QL Omega egg white|
|Heart shaped decorative sugar, as garnish|
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C. In a bowl, sieve together the cornflour, flour, milk powder and baking powder. Add in the crush almonds and mix well.
- With a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Next, add in QL Omega egg yolk and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and knead until a dough is formed.
- Add in the red rose syrup, rose essence and red coloring.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use a flower shape cookie cutter to cut the dough. After that, transfer on to a baking tray that has been laced with parchment paper.
- Glaze the top of the cookies with QL Omega egg white and sprinkle on some of the heart shaped decorative sugar.
- Bake cookies at 160°C for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool on a wired rack. Store in an airtight container.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.