Chinese New Year is just around the corner, and it’s time to bring out the cookies! Beehive cookies, also known as honeycomb cookies, kuih ros or kuih loyang are the perfect way to celebrate the festivities.
Being a classic favourite, beehive cookies are renowned for their crunchiness and aroma. Have them in your home for Chinese New Year, and we’re sure that everyone would love to come over to visit. Try this recipe for 45-50 pieces.
|80 g||rice flour|
|35 g||plain flour|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
|90 g||coconut milk|
|a pinch salt|
|500 ml||oil (for deep-frying)|
|bee hives cookies mould|
- Sieve together rice flour and plain flour. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine QL Omega Egg, sugar, coconut milk, water and salt. Stir well.
- Pour flour mixture into the batter and mix lightly.
- Heat up oil in a pot.
- Coat bee hives cookies mould with hot oil then dip it into the batter and place into the hot oil.
- Hold the mould in the oil for 1 minute before lightly shaking it to detach the bee hives cookies from the mould.
- Turn the bee hives cookies around and cook till golden in colour.
- Transfer to a wire rack to drain off access oil.
- Keep it in a airtight container.