Spicy fried seafood noodles is a tweak from mee goreng Hailam (Hailam style fried noodles), prepared using yellow noodles that are readily available from the market or supermarket, shrimps and squids, our popular QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu, cabbage, and adorned with some sliced red chillies.
Serve the dish with chopped bird’s eye chillies in soy sauce, and a squeeze of calamansi lime for that extra tangy and spicy taste!
The soft and slightly springy texture of QL Mushroom Seafood Tofu, combined with the seafood, noodles and vegetables, makes it just as good, if not better than what you get at the mamak stall!
|1 packet||QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu (180 gm), thawed and sliced|
|100 g||shrimps (medium), shelled and de-veined|
|100 g||squid, cleaned and cut into rings|
|100 g||cabbage, cut into smaller pieces|
|300 g||yellow noodles|
|4 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|2 tbsp||cooking oil|
|1||red chilli, sliced|
|Chopped bird eye’s chili|
|Light soy sauce|
Sauce (mix together in a bowl):
|1 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|1 tsp||dark soya sauce|
|1 tbsp||light soya sauce|
|1/4 tsp||salt (or to taste)|
|1 tbsp||chili paste (cili boh)|
- Heat cooking oil in wok and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add shrimps, squid and QL Mushroom Seafood Tofu, and fry for 2 - 3 minutes. Add cabbage and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in sauce mix, stir briefly. Add noodles and fry for 5 minutes until well coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with sliced red chilies and serve immediately with chopped bird's eye chillies in soy sauce and calamansi lime.
QL Kitchen Tips
- Feel free to adjust the chilli paste amount according to your liking.
- Fire it up even more with some chilli padi
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.