One of our favourite sweets is Kuih Ketayap.
These Malaysian crepes are flavoured with pandan juice and filled with sweet coconut filling. They make a delicious sweet treat or snack anytime of the day.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Makes: about 30 pieces
|80 g||gula Melaka, chopped|
|200 g||grated coconut|
|20||pandan leaves (blended with water to get 2 cups of pandan juice)|
|3||QL Deli Fresh eggs, lightly beaten|
|250 g||plain flour, sifted|
- To prepare the filling, boil gula Melaka and sugar with water until the sugars are dissolved. Add grated coconut and pandan leaves and cook until fairly dry. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the skin, blend pandan leaves with water into 2 cups of pandan juice. Stir in salt and QL Deli Fresh eggs.
- Add flour and mix well. Sieve the batter into a bowl.
- Heat up frying pan with some oil and pour in 2 tbsp of batter. Swirl the pan to distribute the batter thinly. Cook over low heat. Remove and leave to cool.
- To assemble, place 2 tablespoons of the filling on each pancake and roll up like a spring roll. Serve.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.