Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Makes: 1 big cake
|250 g||cream cheese, soften|
|50 g||caster sugar|
|1||QL Omega egg|
|2||QL Omega eggs|
|1 tsp||vanilla essense|
|125 ml||hot water|
|125 ml||vegetable oil|
|125 g||flour, shifted|
|4 tbsp||cocoa powder, shifted|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|Pinch of salt|
- Let start with Ingredients A. In a mixing bowl, add in cream cheese, sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add in the QL Omega Egg, water and flour. Mix until smooth, leave to rest.
- Next, lets move on to Ingredients B. In a mixing bowl, add in QL Omega eggs, sugar and whisk until fluffy. Then add in the vanilla essence, salt and mix well.
- Pour in hot water, milk and vegetable oil, whisk slowly.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Fold all together until combine well.
- In an 8x8x3 inch cake tin, grease and line with parchment paper. Meanwhile, line the outside bottom with aluminum foil.
- Pour in half of cocoa batter and cover the cake tin with aluminum foil. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer has been steamed, remove from steamer and pour in all cream cheese mixture on top. Cover back with aluminum foil and steam for another 15 minutes.
- After that, pour all the remaining cocoa batter on top. Cover back with aluminum foil and steam for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, leave to cool and chilled before slicing the cake.
QL Chef Tips:
- Best to chill overnight.