Instead of your usual burger, how about a Hambāgu? Our recipe for QL Hamburger Steak brings the best part of a burger to life with an awesome blend of meat and herbs.
Serve this QL Hamburger Steak on its own or with rice.
Preparation time: 30
Cooking time: 15
Makes: 4 patties
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1||small onion, finely diced|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|220 g||minced beef (or mixture of beef and chicken)|
|70 g||silken tofu|
|1||QL Omega egg, beaten + 4 QL Omega eggs (for poaching)|
|1 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|1 tbsp||parsley, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||light soy sauce|
|½ tsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||ginger, grated|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||ginger paste|
|Potato wedges, tomatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, sushi rice|
- Heat up vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until softened. Remove the sautéed mixture and leave to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine minced beef, tofu, sautéed onion and garlic, panko, egg, ketchup, oyster sauce, parsley, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Divide the patties into 4 balls and shape each ball into an oval. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Poach 4 QL eggs and set aside.
- When ready to serve, heat up the frying pan (with a little more oil if necessary) and fry the patties until cooked and golden brown on both sides, then remove from pan.
- Remove the oil from the pan, add ginger and sauté for a couple of minutes, then pour in the stock and boil until reduced to half. Mix in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the patties back into the pan, cover and cook for 6 minutes then remove the cover and simmer for a further few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the poached eggs on the patties, with the desired accompaniments.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.