Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
|375 g||plain flour|
|75 g||sugar + 1½ tbsp sugar (for sprinkling)|
|1½ tbsp||baking powder|
|60 g||cold butter|
|1½||QL Omega Eggs|
|270 ml||whipping cream + 1½ tbsp whipping cream (for brushing)|
|240 ml||whipping cream|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or fork.
- Whisk the QL Omega Egg into the whipping cream. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the cream mixture. Mix with a fork until the ingredients stick together.
- Dust a worktop with some flour and pat the dough out to a thickness of about 1 to 1¼ inches. Cut into rounds with a cutter.
- Place the dough onto a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with some cream. Sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- To make the whipping cream, whip together the whipping cream, vanilla essence and sugar until soft peak. Serve with scones.