Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes
Makes: 8 square paper cups
|70 g||QL Omega egg yolk|
|30 g||melted butter|
|60 g||cake flour|
|¼ tsp||vanilla essence|
|130 g||QL Omega egg white|
|⅛ tsp||cream of tartar|
|3 - 4 drops||vanilla essence|
|150 g||whipping cream|
|Icing sugar or snow powder for dusting|
- Whisk together the QL Omega egg yolk, water, butter, flour and vanilla essence. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the QL Omega egg white and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, all the while continuing whisk until the QL Omega egg whites are stiff.
- Fold one third of the meringue into the QL Omega egg yolk mixture, then fold the rest.
- Pour the batter into square paper cups and bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 15 minutes, turning the tray after the first 6-7 minutes of baking. Turn the oven to grill for 1-2 minutes (start with 30 seconds) until the tops of the cakes are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let the cakes cool completely.
- Pipe a generous amount of filling into the center of each cake. Chill. Dust tops of cakes with snow powder or icing sugar before serving.