Satay sauce is such an important component of satay that without it, the popular delicacy would be incomplete. However, so rich in texture and taste is satay sauce that it translates well as a steamboat soup, also well known as satay celup.
You can even tune the soup consistency and spiciness to suit your palate by changing the length of time the soup is left to simmer and amount of chilli used.
To make things even more delicious we recommend MUSHROOM Steamboat Selection 6 in 1 for this kacang tanah recipe. Just make sure you have enough for the whole family to enjoy!
|peanuts, fried and ground
|lemongrass, spank it
|galangal, spank it
|salt, or to taste
|MUSHROOM Steamboat Selection 6 in 1 500g
- Blend onions, garlic, shrimp paste, dried shrimps, dried chili till fine in a blender.
- Next sauté all blended ingredients together with galangal and lemon grass till fragrant.
- Add in water, followed by peanuts, tamarind juice, brown sugar and salt.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until desired thickness and its ready to be serve.
- If you prefer, you may also prepare the steamboat ingredients in skewers.
- To serve, pour stock into a steamboat pot and bring to a boil. Add in the steamboat ingredients and bring to a boil again.
- Dish out cooked ingredients and serve with your favorite dipping sauce, fried chopped garlic or shallots, chopped spring onion or other condiments.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.