It’s the ho-ho-holiday season! And to make your celebrations even sweeter, here’s a dessert that will blow your mind. Sweet, neat white chocolate gingerbread cookies.
A hint of spice, complemented by the delicious melt-in-your mouth flavours of white chocolate; what could be better? Gingerbread cookies, hot chocolate, and maybe some holiday gifts, and your festive season will be complete.
|65 g||unsalted butter, cut in pieces|
|75 g||brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||golden syrup|
|1 tbsp||black treacle|
|1||QL Omega egg yolk, beaten|
|175 g||plain flour|
|¼ tsp||bicarbonate of soda|
|½ tsp||ground ginger|
|¼ tsp||ground cinnamon|
|A pinch of salt|
|200 g||white cooking chocolate, melted|
|30 g||QL Omega egg White|
|180 g||icing Sugar|
|Drops of red and green food coloring|
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in wet ingredients: golden syrup, black treacle, milk and egg yolk.
- Sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, knead lightly to combine.
- Wrap and chill for 30 minutes before cutting with a 7 cm-diameter cookie cutter.
- Bake at 180°C for 12 - 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted white chocolate. Set at room temperature. Cool, then decorate with royal icing as desired.
- To prepare the royal icing, mix egg white and icing sugar together bit by bit to a piping consistency. You may not need all the icing sugar. Add in desired food colouring and mix well. Transfer icing to a pastry bag and pipe as desired.