Steamboat is a great dish to prepare for any CNY celebration dinner. Just make a large pot of steamboat soup then add as many ingredients as you please. You could choose fishballs, mushroom, vegetables, fish, meat and chicken slices, and seafood. The choices are plenty. Family members happily gather around the dinner table and scoop out their favourite things from the hotpot, and enjoy with dipping sauces or other condiments.
QL’s MUSHROOM and Figo brands have the perfect product ranges to prepare a nourishing and delicious steamboat recipe. From traditional white fish balls to lobster balls, seafood tofu, to pumpkin fish balls and taro fish balls, QL Foods makes delicious and healthy steamboat products for a convenient and enjoyable steamboat experience.
Our first steamboat recipe (herbal chicken), is cooked on low heat for a couple of hours using a whole free-range or kampong chicken and Chinese medicinal herbs. The end result is a flavourful herbal soup suffused with the aroma from the herbs.
|30 g||Yuk Chok / Yu Zhu (玉竹)|
|3 sticks||Dang Shen / Codonopsis root / Radix Codonopsis (党参), cut into 3 cm long|
|2 tbsp||wolfberries / Goji berries (枸杞)|
|40 g||Huai Shan (淮山）|
|12 - 15 pieces||dried red dates (pitted)|
|40 g||dried longan meat (元肉/龙眼干)|
|1||Free-range or kampong chicken (medium, about 1.2 – 1.5 kg), cut into 6 – 8 pieces, skin removed|
|Salt to taste|
|2 packets||MUSHROOM Steamboat Selection 6-in-1|
|200 g||garoupa or snapper fillet, sliced into 1 cm thick|
|300 g||medium prawns, heads removed and deveined|
|200 g||chicken fillet, sliced into 0.5 cm thick|
|300 g||leafy vegetables of your choice, such as Chinese cabbage, lettuce, bok choy, or spinach|
|1 can||button mushrooms, halved|
|300 g||fresh mushrooms of your choice, such as shiitake, shimeji, enoki or oyster|
|4||QL Deli Fresh or QL Omega eggs|
|Noodles of your choice|
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add in chicken pieces, herbs (except Wolfberries / Goji berries) and simmer on low heat for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Season with salt to taste.
- To serve, pour stock into a steamboat pot and bring to a boil. Add in the steamboat ingredients and bring to a boil again.
- Dish out cooked ingredients with a strainer ladle. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce, fried chopped garlic or shallots, chopped spring onion or other condiments.
- Add in noodles and break the eggs to cook in boiling soup.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.