Most durian lovers fall in love with this durian crepe recipe on the first bite. With a thin and light layer of crepe wrapped around soft custardy durian and fresh cream, what’s not to like! Every bite of this delicious durian crepe recipe gives off the rich aroma and bold flavour of durian, Malaysia’s national fruit. Put simply, it’s pure indulgence on a plate.
Now is a great time to follow this durian crepe recipe as we’re right in the middle of durian season. Plus this year we’re enjoying an especially good harvest with prices down a lot compared to last year. To make sure your crepes come out nice and airy, be sure to use QL Deli Fresh eggs, which contain 40% less cholesterol than ordinary eggs, and have no artificial colours! You can pick them up from all good shopping outlets.
|250 g||Hong Kong flour|
|300 g||whole QL Deli Fresh egg|
|60 g||QL Deli Fresh egg yolk|
|250 g||rich cream|
- Whip cream and chill
- De-seed durian and roughly mash with a chopstick. Chill
- Mix whole QL Deli Fresh eggs and sugar with a hand whisk. Add flour and mix well
- Add in the remaining QL Deli Fresh egg yolks and gradually pour in the milk
- Melt butter in the microwave and let cool
- Add melted butter into the batter
- Heat up a non-stick pan, pour a little batter into the pan and cook until done
- Wrap with durian filling and whipped cream
- Serve chill
QL Kitchen Tips:
Make your crepes as thin as possible for the best taste, but ensure you handle carefully to avoid breaking the shape.