Chicken soup for the soul is given a whole new meaning with this spicy and nutritious soup that’s perfect to share with loved ones.
The spices lend a fragrant aroma while chicken imparts a characteristic heartiness. This sup ayam berempah recipe is perfect for the health conscious as it is high in antioxidants, high in protein and low in fat.
For this recipe we recommend using MUSHROOM Steamboat Selection 6 in 1, which will give you all your favourite steamboat ingredients in one convenient packet. Perfect for sharing!
|1/4 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||grounded black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||grounded cumin|
|1/2 tbsp||kurma powder|
|1||carrot (cut into chunks)|
|3 packets||MUSHROOM Steamboat Selection 6 in 1 500g|
|20 g||celery leaves|
|2 tsp||fried shallots|
- Blend all blended ingredients together and sauté till fragrant.
- Next add in chicken, water, cardamom, cinnamon stick, clove, star anise and carrot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then season with salt, fried shallots and celery leaves.
- To serve, pour stock into a steamboat pot and bring to a boil. Add in the steamboat ingredients and bring to a boil again.
- Dish out cooked ingredients and serve with your favourite dipping sauce, fried chopped garlic or shallots, chopped spring onion or other condiments.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.