Enjoy this lovely Thumbprint Cookies recipe with a twist!
Standard thumbprint cookies consist of a white cookie filled with a red jam of some sort. This thumbprint cookies recipe is different in that the dough and filling colours are reversed, with a red-coloured dough and a white chocolate filling. Using chocolate to fill the cookies ensure that the cookies can be filled ahead of time and won’t soften when stored.
We have used QL Deli Fresh eggs for the Thumbprint Cookies recipe; you can pick up a pack at all good supermarkets in Malaysia.
|350 g||plain flour|
|170 g||unsalted butter, softened|
|115 g||granulated sugar|
|½ tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 tsp||red coloring|
|1||QL Deli Fresh egg yolk|
|White chocolate (sufficient for filling the cookies)|
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, beat in the QL Deli Fresh egg yolk and add the vanilla extract and red coloring. Beat to combine.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture spoon by spoon. Scrape down the mixing bowl occasionally. Make sure the mixture is well combined.
- Take approximately 1 tablespoonful of the dough, knead it a few times and then roll into a 1-inch diameter ball (about 13g per small ball). Place doughballs on a baking tray 2 inches apart.
- Press a well in the center of each dough ball with the thumb.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 - 12 minutes.
- When cookies done, transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Melt white chocolate and transfer to a piping bag. Pipe the chocolate to fill the indentation of each cookie.