Here is our easy to prepare, oh so tasty Seafood Tofu and Vegetable Hot Pot.
This dish makes a complete and flavourful meal with its combo of vegetables and seafood tofu. The sweetness in the broth from vegetables and seafood makes it a perfect combination to go with rice.
Let’s talk ingredients. You’ll need some shrimps and/or squid, then add in your favourite vegetables: for this dish we like broccoli, baby corn, carrot, mushroom and even cauliflower or celery. And finally, QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu for a quality and delicious source of protein derived from high-grade and smoothly processed fish flesh. QL MUSHROOM seafood tofu has a lovely smooth texture that comes without any fishy smell residue. Just right for a hot pot!
Cook using a clay pot, a cast iron pot, or just a normal stainless steel pot or corning ware, it will be ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
|1 packet||QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu (180 gm), thawed|
|100 g||shrimps (medium), shelled and deveined|
|50 g||sugar snaps/snow peas, ends trimmed|
|30 g||carrot, cut into thin slices|
|100 g||fresh shiitake mushroom (or 10 pieces dried shiitake mushroom, soaked to soften)|
|6 pieces||baby corn, cut into half vertically, about 3 cm lengths|
|100 g||broccoli, cut into smaller florets|
|2 tbsp||cooking oil|
|3 cloves||garlic, chopped|
Gravy/Broth (Mix together):
|2 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|¼ tsp||dark soya sauce|
|1 tbsp||light soya sauce|
|1 tsp||sesame oil|
|300 ml||water or chicken stock|
Thickening (mix together):
|2 tsp||corn starch|
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a clay pot, fry garlic until fragrant. Add QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu and fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimps and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add sauce mix, broccoli, carrot, mushrooms, sugar snaps and baby corn, stir evenly. Leave to simmer on a low heat for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in thickening and bring to the boil.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with rice.
QL Kitchen Tips
- If you do not have a clay pot, you can use any pots or a saucepan. You can also add in Chinese cabbage (about 3 x 4 cm), celery (sliced) or cauliflower florets if you prefer.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.