Take care of your heart as well as your appetite with this delicious and nutritious heart-healthy dish! This almond crusted quiche recipe boasts a combination of smoky flavours and the goodness from the salmon with the fresh crunch of asparagus. Enjoy it all captured in a wholesome and incredibly tasty almond pastry crust! The almond crust gives it a nutty feel to the beautiful ensemble that is not only delicious but a joy to look at.
Use QL Omega eggs for your quiche recipe to add to the healthiness of the salmon. QL Omega egg have 50% less cholesterol than ordinary eggs, are Omega-3 and DHA enriched and are absolutely free from synthetic colours. Plus they taste great!
|100 g||whole almonds (grinded)|
|160 g||plain flour|
|145 g||salted butter|
|100 g||smoked salmon (diced)|
|100 g||asparagus (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||fresh dill (finely chopped)|
|2||QL Omega eggs|
|92 g||fresh milk|
|75 g||whipping cream|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
|30 g||cheddar cheese|
- For the crust, combine all ingredients together to make a dough. Rest dough for 30minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Roll pastry out between two pieces of baking paper. The pastry needs to be evenly rolled out in terms of thickness and about two inches larger than the pie dish circumference to ensure it comes up the sides.
- Lightly grease pie dish with butter. Lift the pastry up on the parchment paper and flip in to the pie dish. Make sure all the edges and base are covered with no cracks before baking. Poke the base of the crust lightly with a fork. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
- For the filling, whisk together QL Omega eggs, fresh milk, whipping cream, dill, salt and pepper.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2minutes or until tender. Mix together asparagus and smoked salmon and place in to the tart shell.
- Pour in egg mixture, sprinkle some cheddar cheese and bake in the oven for 25- 30 minutes until centre of the quiche has just almost set.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.