Pancakes are staple breakfast dishes, full of tasty goodness to start the day. There are lots of ways to cook up a pancake, with lots of different recipes. Whether it’s with whole wheat, or with bananas, they’re a fun way to start the day.
This recipe for Banana Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes is filled with chocolaty awesomeness, which everyone in the family will love. It uses QL Omega Eggs, which are nutritious and delicious. Try this recipe for 3 – 4 pancakes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 - 4
|200 g||plain flour|
|4 tbsp||cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|50 g||butter, melted, plus extra for the pan|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
|½ cup||semisweet chocolate buttons|
|4||small bananas, sliced|
Dark chocolate sauce:
|150 ml||whipping cream|
|1 cup||dark chocolate buttons|
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter, milk, QL Omega Egg and vanilla essence, whisking until combined. Mix in the chocolate buttons.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and lightly grease surface with butter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the top of the pancake. Flip the pancake over and cook for another minute. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan, stirring frequently, just to boiling point.
- Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate buttons, stirring until melted and combined well with the cream.
- To serve, assemble the pancake and banana slices, then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.