Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 40 pieces
|50 g||icing sugar|
|250 g||plain flour|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
|2 tbsp||rendang paste|
|1||QL Omega Egg White|
|Chicken serunding/floss for topping|
To Make Rendang Paste:
|1 tsp||tamarind pulp + 1/4 cup warm water|
|2||kaffir lime leaves|
|Sugar and salt to taste.|
To Make Rendang Paste (To Blend):
|½ inch||fresh turmeric|
|2||lemongrass, white part|
|10||dried chilies, cut and soaked in warm water to deseeded|
- Blend all rendang paste ingredients to fine texture.
- In a pan, heat up oil and sauté t cinnamon, star anise, cardamom for 2 minutes. Then add in the blended rendang paste and sauté on medium heat until fragrant. Pour in tamarind juice and simmer on low heat until it is slightly dried up.
- Add in kaffir lime leaves, kerisik , sugar and salt. Lower the heat and simmer until the paste becomes dark red and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until fluffy, then add in QL Omega Egg and rendang paste. Combine well . Fold in flour into the mixture to form a dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slightly flatten the dough and cut the dough by cookie cutter into desire shape. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie by press down with the thumb/a round tip. Brush with egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180⁰C for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Top with some chicken serunding/ floss before serve.
QL Chef Tips:
- To shorten preparation time, readymade rendang paste can be use as substitute.
- If you would like to have stronger rendang flavor in the cookies, you can add additional 1 tbsp of the rendang past
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.