Add a little spice to the way you cook eggs! Curry’s always been a Malaysian classic, and one way to savour aromatic curry is with some eggs.
Make this warm and comforting QL Egg curry recipe to serve with rice. It is a mild curry rather than a spicy one, as the green chillies in the dish are more for adding flavour than heat.
|½ tsp||cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||mustard seeds|
|1 cup||chopped onions|
|3- 4||green chillies, slit length wise|
|1 tsp||ginger-garlic paste|
|3 - 4||tomatoes, blended to a puree|
|4 tbsp||curry powder|
|1 tsp||black pepper powder|
|2 tbsp||roasted coconut paste (kerisik)|
|2 tbsp||coriander leaves|
|3||QL Deli Fresh eggs|
|Salt to taste|
|Extra coriander and mint leaves as garnish|
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and heat until the mustard seeds pop.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté for few minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté until the tomatoes have separated with the oil.
- Add curry powder and black pepper, simmer until the curry is well-cooked.
- Add roasted coconut paste and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Add water to achieve the desired gravy consistency. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the eggs one by one and simmer, covered, for 10 – 15 minutes until the eggs are cooked and yolks are still runny. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves. Serve hot.