Kick start your day with a healthy breakfast. It’s our Crabstick Veggie Omelette recipe!
Everyone loves omelette. Being full of protein it makes a perfect breakfast food that will keep you full till lunch. Or you could serve it together with some other dishes for a tasty and nutritious lunch or dinner. It is perhaps the easiest-to-cook yummy dish that you can find on a dinner table. The really special thing about omelette is that you can add pretty much anything to it. It’s a versatile little gem.
Today QL Kitchen brings you a twist to the classic omelette. We use QL Omega eggs and QL MUSHROOM Imitation Crab Sticks as the key ingredients. Then we add in the veggies: capsicum, onion and spring onion for extra goodness and fibre. QL Omega eggs contain 50% less cholesterol than standard eggs as our chickens are given feed enriched in omega-3 and are completely antibiotic-free.
|4||QL Omega eggs, beaten|
|4||QL MUSHROOM Imitation Crab Stick, cut into small chunks|
|2 tbsp||cooking oil|
|1/2||medium onion, diced|
|1/2||medium capsicum, cut into small cubes|
|2 stalks||spring onion, chopped|
|Salt & pepper (to taste)|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a medium or small non-stick pan. Swirl the pan so that the cooking oil spreads out evenly.
- Add in onion cubes and sauté until almost wilting; add in capsicum and QL Mushroom Imitation Crab Stick, sauté for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Dish out onion, capsicum and crab stick mixture into beaten eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Stir briefly.
- Heat 1 of tablespoon cooking oil in the same pan, pour in egg-veggies mixture and fry over medium-high heat until the bottom is brown. Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half and flip over to fry another minute to ensure that the omelette is properly cooked. (You can also flip over the entire omelette to cook the top.)
- Dish out and serve immediately.
QL Kitchen Tips:
- Other fresh ingredients that you can use in your omelette mixture include button mushroom, tomato cubes, shrimps, minced chicken, etc.
- We also have other great products such as QL Figo Chicken Slices and QL Figo Chicken Cocktail Sausages that you can slice and fry together with the omelette mixture.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.