Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 big apam balik (thick version)
|2 cup||plain flour|
|½ tsp||baking soda|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|1||QL Omega Egg|
|2 cup||roasted peanuts, coarsely ground|
|½ can||sweet corn|
- In a bowl, whisk plain flour, baking soda, baking powder, QL Omega Egg, sugar and water together.
- Wrap the bowl and let the batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 10 “inch non-stick pan on medium heat, pour in 2 cups of batter and coat the pan evenly.
- Cook for 5 minutes or longer until can see the bubble forming and it sets.
- Sprinkle sugar, peanuts and sweet corn evenly on the top.
- Continue to cook until the pancake becomes light golden brown in colour.
- Loosen the edges and fold in half and transfer to a chopping board and slice into 2-3 slices. Sprinkle extra peanuts on top and serve.
QL Chef’s Tips:
- To make smaller apam balik (5-6 pc), you can use 6 inch non-stick pan and pour in ½ cup batter at each time.