Pancakes (otherwise known as crepes) are easy to make and super delicious to enjoy. The secret to making a perfect crepe is to allow the batter to rest before cooking them. 10 minutes should do the trick.
The other important ingredient for great tasting pancakes is quality eggs. QL Deli Fresh eggs are an excellent choice. They contain 40% less cholesterol than ordinary eggs, and our layer chickens are raised on quality natural feed. Try some today and you’ll taste the difference.
For a simple dessert or breakfast treat, fill the pancakes with caramelised bananas and drizzle on some of that glorious chocolate ganache. You may also dust the pancakes with some confectioner’s sugar before serving, if you like.
A variety of fillings such as fresh berries, preserves, cream cheese, mascarpone cream can also be used to please your taste buds. Prefer something savoury? Why not try replacing with mushroom, chicken ham, beef bacon, eggs, spinach or cheese.
For the crepes:
|2||QL Deli Fresh eggs|
|40 g||melted butter|
For the caramelized banana:
For the chocolate ganache:
|100 g||chocolate couverture|
- Melt sugar in a pan till slightly brown then add in cream and butter.
- Next add in bananas and raisin. Toast together and set aside.
- For the crepes mix QL Deli Fresh eggs, milk and melted butter together and pour into flour, sugar and salt mixture. Mix well and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat up pan and glaze pan with a bit of butter and pour in 1 ladle of batter into pan.
- Cook both sides of crepes till slightly brown .
- To assemble top crepes with caramelized banana then fold in half and one more time.
- Melt chocolate and cream in a microwave and stir in melted butter. Drizzle chocolate ganache onto crepes and its ready to be served.