Buttery and nutty, these classic and traditional cashew nut cookies are packed with natural goodness. Apart from being addictive we believe they are one of the must-have cookies of the season.
Eggs are essential for baking cookies. As they heat and set they bring structure to the cookie while the egg yolks add a richness of flavour that is unmistakeably good. Be sure to use quality eggs for your cashew nut cookies, we recommend QL Omega eggs.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
Makes: 60 cookies
|130 g||icing sugar|
|1½||QL Omega egg yolks|
|¼ tsp||vanilla essence|
|360 g||plain flour|
|150 g||ground cashew nut|
|60 g||custard powder|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|3||QL Omega egg yolks, beaten|
|100 g||cashew nut, halved|
- Cream together the butter, icing sugar, QL Omega egg yolks, vanilla essence and salt until just combined.
- Mix in plain flour, ground cashew nut, custard powder and baking powder to form a pliable dough.
- Place dough in between 2 sheets of plastic, roll into ½ cm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for around 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.