QL Kitchen is about easy recipes that you can prepare for all occasions. We also provide tips and ideas on how to cook our many quality and nourishing products. This week we present to you a delicious and creative way to cook MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu, which you can prepare in under 30 minutes. It’s sure to tantalise your family or guests’ taste buds!
This dish can be served as an appetiser on its own, or with rice. Be warned, this dish can be very addictive, you could find yourself popping the seafood tofu into your mouth non-stop!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
|1||packet of QL MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu (180 gm), thawed and patted dry|
|1 tsp||chili powder|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp||corn flour|
|Cooking oil for deep frying|
|200 ml||evaporated milk|
|4||cloves garlic, chopped|
|4||stalks curry leaves|
|4||bird’s eye chilies (cili padi), chopped|
|1 tbsp||sugar (or to taste)|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
Thickening (mix together):
|1/2 tsp||corn starch|
- Mix chili powder, ground black pepper, corn flour and salt evenly in a medium bowl.
- Coat MUSHROOM Seafood Tofu with a thin layer of the mixture from the first step.
- Heat up oil in a medium or small saucepan, deep fry seafood tofu for 2 – 3 minutes until golden brown. Drain off oil on paper towel.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan and fry chopped garlic with curry leaves until fragrant, add in bird’s eye chilies and stir evenly.
- Pour in evaporated milk and thickening, stir evenly and leave to simmer on medium low heat for 1 minute. Season with sugar, salt and pepper, stir evenly and bring to boil. Turn off heat.
- Pour sauce over deep fried seafood tofu. Serve immediately.
Tips: Adjust sweetness level according to your preference. If you like the sauce thicker, increase corn starch to 1 teaspoon.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.