Just like delicious scallops, MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filaments make delightful seafood treats. These scallop-shaped fish filaments are wonderfully suited to gourmet dishes. In this recipe we dress them in a creamy, homemade hollandaise sauce that takes just minutes to make. The wilted spinach adds a refreshing bite to each mouthful. This dish is great served as a starter and demonstrates how simple it is to prepare a restaurant-style dish at home.
MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filaments are just so good to eat and they are healthy too! QL’s own fishing fleet bring in fresh catch every day so you can be assured of absolute quality.
|12 pieces||MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament|
|1½ - 2 tbsp||lemon juice|
|4||QL Omega Eggs (egg yolks)|
|100 g||butter, melted|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 – 2 bunches||fresh spinach, washed|
|2 cloves||garlic, chopped finely|
|2||shallots, chopped finely|
|Chicken seasoning powder|
- To make the hollandaise sauce, place lemon juice, water and QL Omega Egg yolks in the top bowl of a double boiler.
- Place about 2 inches of water in the bottom bowl of the double boiler and set the top bowl over it. Whisk the sauce mixture over simmering water until the mixture thickens. Gradually stream in the melted butter and whisk until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Turn off the heat, whisk in salt and pepper to taste. Add a little more lemon juice if preferred.
- To make the wilted spinach, blanch the spinach, drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a pot, boil the garlic and shallots in a cup of water until softened. Season to taste with salt, sugar and chicken seasoning powder. Add the butter and the spinach. Cook just until the spinach is heated through.
- To assemble, steam the MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filaments for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place each piece of fish filament over a mound of wilted spinach.
- Spoon some hollandaise sauce over each piece of fish filament and garnish with a dash of freshly cracked black pepper. Serve hot.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.