Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes (A):
|125 g||self-raising flour|
|¼ tsp||baking soda|
|¼ tsp||ground cinnamon|
|⅛ tsp||ground ginger|
|⅛ tsp||ground nutmeg|
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes (B):
|90 g||vegetable oil|
|45 g||granulated sugar|
|40 g||light brown sugar|
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes (C):
|1½||QL Omega eggs|
Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes (D):
|50 g||pumpkin puree|
|70 g||carrot, grated|
|1||small orange, grated rind only|
Cream Cheese Frosting:
|40 g||unsalted butter, softened|
|70 g||cream cheese, softened|
|45 g||icing sugar, sifted|
|⅛ tsp||vanilla essence|
|A few drops of orange colouring|
Fondant Witch’s Hats:
|Plain (white) moulding fondant|
|Black gel food colouring|
|Orange gel food colouring|
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- To make the pumpkin puree, cut pumpkin into small chunks. Roast in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 - 40 minutes until soften. Process in a food processor until a puree is obtained.
- Sift ingredients (A) together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk (B) together then add in (C) and beat until thick and creamy.
- Add in ingredients (D) and mix until combined then fold in (A).
- Spoon batter into cupcake cups to about ¾ full.
- Bake for around 30 - 40 minutes or until cooked.
- To prepare the fondant witch's hat, mix the black colouring with some plain fondant.
- Mix the orange colouring with a little bit of the plain fondant.
- Shape both of the fondants into a witch hats.
- To make the frosting, beat all the ingredients together except the orange colouring. Add a few drops of orange colouring and mix well.
- When cupcakes are cool, decorate with cream cheese frosting and top with fondant witch’s hats.