Homemade mashed potatoes are a crowd-pleasing option for any occasion. This luscious mashed potatoes recipe is perfect served with chunky king crab and creamy egg gravy sauce.
In this recipe we use QL Deli Fresh eggs. Fresh, wholesome and healthy, QL Deli Fresh are among Malaysia’s most popular brands of eggs.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For mashed potatoes:
|½ tsp||white pepper|
For egg gravy:
|½||yellow onion, chopped|
|1 pip||garlic, chopped|
|2||QL Deli Fresh egg, hard boiled|
|130 ml||chicken stock or water|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||corn flour, mixed with 1 tbsp of water|
|2 packets||MUSHROOM Oborotsuki|
- Steam potatoes till soft then mash it by using a masher.
- Add in cream, salt and white pepper. Mash it some more and make sure there are no bits in the mixture. Set aside.
- For the egg gravy, sauté onion and garlic till fragrant then add in chicken stock or water.
- Next add in oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add in chopped QL Deli Fresh eggs and thicken with corn flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat up pan with butter and sauté MUSHROOM Oborotsuki. Toss MUSHROOM Oborotsuki into mashed potato and mix well.
- Pour egg gravy over mash potato and serve warm.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.
To find out more about MUSHROOM products and where to purchase, click here.