One of the tastiest snacks for travelling or for munching on in between meals are awesome pocky sticks! However, while you can get some at the store, you can also make your own. All you need are some simple ingredients for the biscuits, and some chocolate to coat them.
|medium QL Deli Fresh egg (net weight 50 g)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until mixture is light and pale
- Add the egg and vanilla, and continue creaming until the ingredients are combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into the egg mixture.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. If the batter is soft, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes to let batter firm up (do not leave in the freezer for too long or it will become too stiff).
- Pipe out 1 cm thick sticks of around 13 cm in length onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until pocky sticks are golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each pocky stick into the melted chocolate so that the pocky stick is coated three quarter way up the stick. Sprinkle some finely chopped nuts or sprinkles onto the chocolate if desired. Lay the pocky sticks on parchment paper until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container.