Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes
|300 g||flour, shifted|
|1½ tsp||baking powder|
|1½ tsp||baking soda|
|75 g||brown sugar|
|38 g||quick cooking oats + 3 tbsp to sprinkle|
|1||lemon, zested (about 1 tbsp) and juiced (about 2 tbsp juice)|
|2 cup||blue berry|
|60 g||butter, softened|
|2 tbsp||canola oil|
|1||QL Omega Egg, lightly beaten|
|6 tbsp||sliced almond, 2 tbsp to sprinkle|
|2 tbsp||butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, oats, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, blend together softened butter, oil, QL Omega Egg, milk and lemon juice with hand mixer.
- Add flour mixture gradually into the egg mixture until combine well.
- Add blue berries and gently fold it into the batter.
- Grease a 10"x 6” or 8”x8” casserole pan. Pour the batter into it.
- Sprinkle some oats and sliced almonds on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until well done.
- Once cool, slice and serve.
These cake can be served chilled or warm with a side of cream or ice cream.