Impress the kids by baking ham & cheese inside bread dough for a warm delicious bread loaf that clearly conveys your awesomeness as a mom!
This high fiber Wholemeal Turkey Ham & Cheddar Cheese loaf is packed full of goodness to keep your kids energetic and focused for better learning throughout the day!
Be sure your kids get the most nutrition possible by using QL Omega eggs for your Turkey Ham & Cheddar Cheese Loaf. QL Omega eggs are enriched with omega-3 fats, which play a major role in infant growth and development, as well as behavior, attention and learning in children.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Proofing Time: 75 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 2 small loafs
|200 g||bread flour|
|110 g||whole meal flour|
|45 g||brown sugar|
|30 g||QL Omega eggs|
|6 slices||cheddar cheese|
|6 slices||turkey ham|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
- Pour bread flour, whole meal flour, sugar, yeast and salt into mixer bowl and mix for 20 seconds at low speed.
- Then pour in milk and QL Omega eggs and continue to knead for another 1 minute before adding in the butter.
- Knead dough till smooth in texture. To test, take a small piece of dough and stretch it, it shouldn't tear.
- Firm up dough and cover. Let it rest for 35 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 portions and roll it out like a Swiss roll.
- Place 3 pieces of cheese into the dough, followed by 3 pieces of turkey ham.
- Roll up dough firmly and seal the ends. Continue with the remaining dough.
- Place dough into a 6x3 inch bread tin and let it rest till double in size.
- Brush milk onto bread and sprinkle oregano onto loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 25 minutes.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.