Muffins are a delight to have at any time of the day. Fluffy and crumbly in a great way, they are the must-try dessert.
This apple muffins recipe brings you muffins that are packed with the goodness of apple and cinnamon, and each delightful mouthful contains tasty bits of crunchy streusel. It has protein from yogurt, and some delicious apples for your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.
Oat Streusel Topping:
|45 g||walnuts, chopped|
|35 g||rolled or instant oats|
|30 g||plain flour|
|¼ tsp||cinnamon powder|
|210 g||plain flour|
|10 g||baking powder|
|¼ tsp||baking soda|
|½ tsp||cinnamon powder|
|2||QL Deli Fresh eggs, beaten|
|240 g||natural (unsweetened) Greek yogurt|
|60 g||melted butter|
|¼ tsp||vanilla essence|
|2 medium||or 3 small green apples|
- Make the oat topping by rubbing together all the ingredients until they resemble a crumble. Set aside.
- To make the batter, peel and dice the apples.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together until combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, including the apples.
- Fill batter about ¾ full into muffin tin lined with paper liners or into paper muffin cups.
- Top with the oat topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 - 25 minutes or until done when tested with a skewer.