Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
|QL Omega egg + some for brushing
|bamboo charcoal powder
- In a mixer, add in all the ingredients except the bamboo charcoal powder and knead until a dough is formed.
- Set aside and let it proof for 40 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Mix the bamboo charcoal powder with a half-portion of dough, kneading well to combine and form into a round. Knead the plain dough lightly and form into a round. Allow both pieces of dough to rest for 10 mins, covered.
- Roll out the plain dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle with a width of 10 cm and about 1.5 cm thick (the length does not matter). Repeat with the charcoal dough.
- Stack with plain bread dough on top of the charcoal dough. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll the dough to make sure both layers stick together. Ensure that the width of the rectangle is around 13 cm after rolling.
- Roll up the dough into a log and place the log into the bread pan. Brush the surface of the dough with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- When the bread is done, remove the bread pan from the oven and wait for 2 minutes, then remove the bread from the bread pan and cool it on a wire rack.